Friday, June 18, 2010

Magallanes Square Garden

My mind was proposing a lot of possible BlogSpot address name that I can incorporate for my personality. If Roman (probably the 1st link I will have on this blog thing) has Romepedia, I should also have my own version of Solopedia. However, being an artist of my own crazy thought, I couldn’t agree more that Romepedia is one HELL GREAT of a BlogSpot address and I don’t want to typecast of unoriginality issues with thereof. I am launching my own blog as it is (which until now doesn’t have a name)

#1 ENTRY- MAGALLANE’S SQUARE GARDEN HOTEL - TAGAYTAY
Somehow, there is always a magical thought about FIRST TIME; all I can think of is that it is SPECIAL. It is not my first time to TAGAYTAY, but it is my first time to be at Magallanes Square Garden Hotel. A fancy but classic view of their veranda soothes a passage of relaxation. Limited amenities, there is but the hospitality of the people is indeed at high presence. Room 103, 32” flat screen TV, though not in HD covers all major cable network, a personal ref which helps us store 7 kilos of beef from Mahogany, a translucent glass designed lavatory, one queen size bed, one personal mattress, Wi-Fi enabled, free breakfast for only Php 3,000+ over night.

By the way did I mentioned, that I am with friends. Welcome- Tin, Albert and Joyce. It was originally planned as my personal getaway from busy city lifestyle, which then made them interested to join. Our first night was a blast; Joice was too generous enough to bring us some food: Chicken Pork Adobo and Grilled Bangus. The rice as seemed as hot it is, never prevented us to eat much of the Adobo, it was really mouth watery. Albert and Tin finished the dinner without hesitations, while I and Joice took our cigar break outside the hotel. All pack and full, we cannot let go of the night’s calmness and it’s cold. Coffee is one way to bring your soothing relaxation to the maximum. It’s kind of crazy though for they ordered ice blended drinks: Joice- Coffee Jelly Frappe, Tin –Strawberries and cream Frappe, Albert – Chocolate Frappe. While I enjoy my sip with the hot mint tea, which reminds me of my bestfriend-Majoh.
9:30pm we decide to jump back to our hotel and rest for we will definitely have an adventure by tomorrow morning. That night is not bound for any relaxation; it was created to have FUN. Excited to know who will won the first PILIPINAS GOT TALENT –
we tuned ourselves without any interruption to see who were part of the magic 3 as one by one they were called: JOVIT, BAGUIO DANCERS and VELASCO BROTHERS. Until to the point that they announced that it was JOVIC who won it with 2 million pesos on his pocket, pretty huge amount isn’t it. Albert precautious to check if WWF is still on air, while Tin is combing her hair upon preparing to watch Vampire Diaries on my laptop. I myself has my own agenda, went to the 24 hours open store to buy another pack of cigars and 8 tin cans of beers. While enjoying the cold moist of Tagaytay at the veranda where I can smoke and drink. In momentary, I was talking to some of my friends, that somehow I missed most, in order to validate a blast of my past. That was indeed a multi-task, drinking, smoking and talking. Joice will definitely attest to that. It was 2am and I had to say goodnight, and prepare for the morning’s activity.

7am was the call time for our breakfast. Originally we ordered for 1 bangus breakfast meal, 1 tocino, and 1 tapa. To no avail, we had 2 tapas and 1 tocino leaving Albert questioning why it was tapa until further notice that bangus was out of order.


Tin – my officemate who’s been jolly to ride tricycles from Picnic Grove to see the scenic Taal and the gardens, then to Olivares to buy all possible hanging plants that she was interested to buy for her mom. I myself am looking for butterfly wings however they don’t sell it anymore. On the contrary, Albert is just a gentleman enough to bring all the baggage we bought from every stop. Until, we decided to buy some beef at the famous – MAHOGANY market – 2 kilos of bulalo, 1kilo of tapa, 1 kilo of beef bone for kaldereta, 2 kilos for beef loin and 1 kilo for beef teppan.
It was past 10 when we get back to the hotel, planning to where we are going to have our lunch before heading home. KC was on cable with Toni, bonding as like as what bonds the three of us in Tagaytay. KC mentioned about 3 rules that she incorporated from Toni’s 3 rules in life: Have fun, keep the faith, and balance mind and heart. To easy enough, we couldn’t disagree that somehow it is one major rule that most people has in their life. (Not unless you’re the cynical, complex and uncommon type of person)

We had our lunch at Teriyaki Boy after checking that Leslie’s is fully booked. Over California Maki, 2 Katsudon and 1 Beef Teppanyaki, we revisited the scenic Taal which by then is viewable and never changed. It brought back memories, that my archives are actively feeding me- however I rather enjoyed it at my present with these people surrounding me.
It was past 3pm when we headed back to the hotel to get our things and fetch a bus on our way home. As what Joice instructed us, to leave at the afternoon since most of the time it rains. We were at the bus at quarter to 4pm and jolly ride on our way home. I was listening to Justin Timberlake’s album which made me interested to the song that much. While Tin and Albert usually engaged in their in depth conversation. It suddenly rained, while on our way home – traffic is mostly over the crossing of Cavite and South Express Way – but EDSA is totally free. We were at the terminal at 5pm and I was home by 6pm. I enjoyed it too much that it even get me sick for 2 days, but I am looking forward on our next month adventure since we will be celebrating Tin’s birthday. I wonder where we will be heading. – Somehow that’s the next thread that you will be looking for on my blog, which then made me realize that I actually have one way back 2006 so let me just revive it: soulfulodyssey.blogspot.com, it’s never that complicated whenever it’s real. ENJOY!!!

Acknowledgement: Thank you Joice- for your generosity and friendship. Tin: thank you for the support and your open mind to understand my flaws whenever I’m looking for myself. Albert- thanks for inspiring me to finish this blog despite of my illness which then stopped after reminiscing my past. This is all for you. THANK YOU!

4 comments:

Rome Diwa said...

im the first!!! yo hooo!!!. i wanna spell consistency....

Rome Diwa said...

your blog has been followed. please follow mine.

Rome Diwa said...

im the first!!! i liked it! i wanna spell consistency!

Ron said...

Loved the hotel! Natawa ako sa comment tungkol kay Rome (friend ko din siya). Add kita ah.